Marriott Hotels, Resorts and Suites is Marriott International’s flagship brand of full service hotels and resorts. The company, based in Washington D.C., is repeatedly included on the Forbes Best Companies to Work for list, and was voted the 4th best company to work for in the UK by The Times in 2009
At Marriott, you define what success means to you, and then we help make it happen. If youâre the kind of person who wants to be challenged, supported, and applauded, this is where you belong.
Now you have an opportunity for:
Banquet Operation Manager (Sumatera Utara – Medan)
* The BQT Manager is required to build and maintain a close professional relationship with the Events Department.
* The Banquet Managers reviews together with Event Department all forecasts on a monthly and weekly basis and attends the weekly Banquet meeting
* Work in close cooperation with the Conference and Events Office in order to exceed the guestâs expectations, plan and schedule the banquet operations set up time and style, F&B requirements, Audio visual requirements, manning, equipment needs, additional services and special requests.
* The Banquet Manager is responsible to develop the skills of all banquet employees to a professional level by ongoing and intensive skill training
* The Banquet Manager is responsible to manage and control casual labor and ensure the impact on the service delivery process is nil.
* To check that all employeesâ report for work at the time specified, and are correctly attired in the Hotel uniform and are following the Hotels Grooming standards at all time, disciplining staff who fail to comply with this.
* To roster the staff as per the five day working week, based on a fortnightly roster while ensuring that there is sufficient staff at all times to execute all events within the department. Scheduling staff on overtime should the need arise, and requesting additional staff assistant from the F&B Department when required.
* To lead and direct all staff in a positive approach to the job, and motivate all personnel under his control, to ensure that all staff carry out their duties to the best of their ability.
* To check each set up to ensure that the appropriate equipment is being used, and that all equipment and linen is clean, polished and laid out as per the established service policy.
* To inspect the Banquet area on a daily basis to ensure the cleanliness of the operation, ensuring that all section are clean neat and tidy. And reporting any area that needs attention to the Housekeeping Department or Engineering Department
* Minimum of 2 years at same position in an international five star hotel
* Bahasa and English speaking, Hokkien an advantage
* Leading a team of service, AV technicians and event coordinators
* Highly guest focused and anticipating any needs
* Ensures perfect execution of each event
* Candidate should have a strong personality, good manner, honest, friendly and sociable (good with people)
* Energetic, self-motivated and excellent communication skills
* Good team player, reliable person, and ability to work independently under pressure
* Good leadership and management skills
* Basic computer skills | windows programs
* Micros and opera system knowledge an advantage
* Promote safety at work place all times to ensure zero accidents
If you are interested and match this qualification, please send your application to: email@example.com not later than February 5th ,2011
Only suitable applicants will be contacted for interview
Hati-hati...! terhadap segala penipuan, jangan pernah mentransfer atau menyerahkan uang pada pihak manapu saat proses rekrutmen berlangsung